Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Pehhhhp-pa Pig! OINK!
Yet another find of Gianna's on YouTube. She loves Peppa Pig and this is currently her go-to show to watch. In fact, she watches it so much that's she's sort of picking up a British accent! Hilarious.
These were hard to make because Peppa Pig is a 2D cartoon. She barely turns and I don't think I've ever seen a frontal view of her face. Her two eyeballs are always on one side which makes making 3D cake pops pretty difficult. She's pretty cute. And annoying. And thanks to my sister, I kinda see something that is totally inappropriate now.
Supplies (different than what's noted in my sketch)
- White and pink candy melts
- Pink confetti sprinkles (I used the large ones but now after the fact, I think the small ones would have been better)
- Royal icing eyes
- Tic Tacs (ears)
- Black edible pen (I would've used pink but I only have black)
- Lollipop sticks
- Styrofoam block
- Clear treat bags
- Thin ribbon
- Make standard cake balls. Shape a snout by pulling some of the cake outwards and then rolling the cake back in to a ball. Freeze for 15minutes and transfer to the refrigerator.
- Melt white candy in 30second intervals. Add a pink candy until you get the desired color. I don't remember what ratio I used (I suck).
- Remove cake balls from the refrigerator. Dip lollipop stick in melted candy and insert in cake balls. Dip two Tic Tacs in candy and insert on top for the ears. Return to refrigerator on a Styrofoam block to dry.
- Once all cake balls are stick-ed (?), remove some pops and dip in pink candy. Before the candy dries, put on two eyes and the cheeks. If it dries before you get a chance to do this, dab candy on to the decoration with a toothpick and put on. Return to the refrigerator to dry.
- Remove the cake pops from the refrigerator and draw on the mouth with the black (or pink, if you have it) edible pen. Draw two dots on the snout for the nose. Wait for the cake pops to come to room temperature (not cold to the touch), bag and tie with ribbon.
Don't mind the one in the back. She got the leftover melted candy and I didn't want to melt more, haha.
I don't really like the way these turned out. My cousin said she looks drunk. I think she kinda looks like the creepy pig from the Saw movies. I'll definitely have to redo these when I get a chance.
Posted by vypassetti cake pops