Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Turtle

I made these for Chi's upcoming birthday. I hope they survive the mail.

Supplies
- White and green candy melts
- Royal icing eyes
- Lollipop sticks
- Styrofoam block
- Wax paper
- Clear treat bags
- Thin ribbon

Directions
-
Follow the usual steps to make cake balls. Bake, cool, crumble, mix, freeze, etc. You should know the deal by now!
-
To shape, I used my tablespoon measuring spoon. It was perfectly turtle-shell-shaped. For the heads, I just made little balls.
- Melt white candy and add green to make a light green dip (I used leftovers from Keroppi pop). I dipped the heads first, using a toothpick to prop the heads upright to dry. Be sure to add the eyes while the candy is still wet. Otherwise use a toothpick to dab and attach.
-
These were weird shaped and kinda heavy for the shape so I made them upside down pops. Melt green candy and throw the shells in. Using a spoon, cover the shell and try to drip off as much candy as you can. Slide off the spoon on to wax paper. Shove a stick in to the top of the shell. Push a head in to the front of the shell. Move to the fridge to dry.
- Once dry, bag and tie! These were too big to fit in the bags I had, so I just used saran wrap.


No comments:

Post a Comment