Saturday, February 11, 2012

Orange & "Gray" Wedding Cake Pops

Lan and Kush are getting married in July. I saw a wedding cake pop on Bakerella's site that were way cute (of course). Their wedding colors are orange and gray so I tried to make a wedding cake pop using these colors.

I went to Joann's the other day (I had coupons that were expiring so I just had to use them). I didn't find anything grey but I did find silver dust and some brushes. I had orange decorating icing already (on clearance at Target after Halloween - damn red tags get me every time). I used round fondant cutters that I already, the two smaller circles, to shape the base and top of the cake.

They turned out really crappy. I somehow got the first heart to look nice. The rest just look like blobs. Meh, I tried.


And of course, you gotta bag and tie the pops off as the finishing touch to help hide how crappy your pops really look!

No comments:

Post a Comment