Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pankunchi

I put out a message on Twitter and Facebook for cake pop requests and not many people replied to me. I haven't built up my cake pop street cred yet, haha. A friend did request Pankunchi cake pops. I originally thought he had spelled Pikachu (you know, from Pokemon) wrong, but it's actually a Sanrio character that is really cute. He steals bread. C'mon - how adorable is that?

iPad Sketch

Supplies
- White candy melts
- Brown plain M&Ms (halved, for ears)
- Black edible pen (eyes, nose and mouth)
- Lollipop sticks
- Styrofoam block
- Clear treat bags
- Thin ribbon

Directions
- Make standard cake pops, semi-flatten to an oval. Put in freezer for 15minutes to firm up. Transfer to refrigerator.
- Melt white candy. Remove some cake ovals. Dip lollipop stick, insert in cake. Return to refrigerator in a Styrofoam block.
- Once they're all set, remove cake pops and dip in white candy to cover. Before the candy sets, push in two ears. Return to block to dry.
- When all the cake pops are dry, use a black edible pen to draw on the eyes and mouth.
- When the cake pops are no longer cold to the touch, bag and tie with ribbon.

I actually had to use saran wrap for these guys because their heads were too wide and the black pen kept smearing (so annoying). I really like the way saran wrap looks. What the hell am I going to do with all my treat bags now? LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment