Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Rebecca Rabbit

This is another character from Peppa Pig. I think she's the cutest of them all. She sort of reminds me of Gianna's favorite stuffed animal, Bunbun.

iPad sketch

I love when I show Gianna a sketch and she knows right off the bat who it is. I'm asking her from now on because whenever I ask Tony, he's always wrong and it makes me feel like I am not doing a good job, lol.

Supplies
- White and yellow candy melts
- Pink confetti sprinkles (cheek)
- Pink chip sprinkle (nose)
- Glico Pretz sticks (ears)
- Royal icing eyes
- Black edible pen (mouth)
- Lollipop sticks
- Styrofoam block
- Clear treat bags
- Thin ribbon (although I only had thick blue ribbon)

Directions
- Make standard cake balls. Shape like an oval with one pointed tip. Freeze for 15minutes and transfer to the fridge.
- Melt white candy in 30second intervals. Add yellow candy until you get the color desired (she's sort of a cream/ecru/mother-of-pearl color). Dip lollipop in melted candy, insert in cake ball. Return to fridge in block to set.
- Break Pretz in to 1.5-2" pieces. Dip in cream colored candy. Set upright to dry (I used free holes in my Styrofoam block).
- Remove pops from the fridge. Poke two holes on top for the ears. Dip heads in cream candy. Insert Pretz ears. Push on a pink chip for the nose. Push on two pink confetti sprinkles for the cheeks. Push on two eyes. If the candy sets before you do all this, use a toothpick to dab the decoration and attach.
Return to fridge in block to set.
- Once dry, draw on the mouth with the black edible pen.
- Let the cake pops come to room temperature, bag and tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment