Emily Elephant was definitely the hardest and came out the ugliest of the bunch. At certain angles, she doesn't look too bad. And at other, she looks downright inappropriate! On the upside, you get more cake pop than an average cake pop so it's a wash, haha!
Stuff I used:
- White and lavender candy melts
- Jumbo confetti sprinkles (ears)
- Royal icing eyes
- Pink mini confetti sprinkles (cheeks)
- Black edible pen
- Roll cake in to an ball. Roll another small piece of cake to shape the trunk. Smash the two together to postion the trunk. Freeze for 15min and move to the fridge.
- Melt white candy in a bowl. Add a few lavender wafers to get the desired color. Dip a lollipop stick and insert in the cake ball. Dip jumbo confetti sprinkles and insert ears. Let dry completely.
- Once dry, dip the cake pop. Shake off the excess. Before the candy dries, position the eyes and cheeks.
Press on the trunk (undipped) and hold to attach. Once it is dried on, dip the trunk to cover. If you can't reach the base (where it touches the cake ball), use a toothpick to completely cover.
- Let the pop come down to room temperature and draw on the stripes on the trunka and smile with a black edible pen.