Monday, March 5, 2012
What I used:
- Orange, white, red candy melts
- White mini confetti sprinkles (eyes)
- Mini rainbow chips (nose)
- Peach jumbo confetti sprinkles (broken in half for the ears, I'm cheap!)
- Sour gummies (flat and round - see NOTE)
- Cake should be shaped in balls, semi flattened. Flatten the top of the cake where the hat would go. Freeze for 15min and move to the fridge.
- Melt red candy in a ziplock bag. Pipe red circles big enough to be a hat that sits on top of the cake ball.
- Dip the sour gummies in the red candy. Let dry on wax paper. (NOTE: I think if I were to do these again, I would reserve a little bit of cake and shape the top of the hat and dip. Using the sour gummies, the sour sugar on the outside didn't make for a very appealing texture. Oh well... what's done is done.) Let dry.
- Once circle and gummies are dry, dip the gummie in red candy and attach to top of the circle. Let dry.
- Melt orange and white candy to get peach. Try to match the peach of the jumbo confetti sprinkle. Dip lollipop stick and push in to cake. Dip mini rainbow chip and position nose. Let dry.
- Dip cake pop in peach candy. Before it dries, insert ears on each side. Position two eyes. Position hat. Let dry.
- Using a toothpick, dab red candy to make hair - bangs in front and cover the back completely. Let dry.
- Draw pupils, eyebrows, eyeliner and mouth with edible pen.
Posted by vypassetti cake pops